Fervent Editorial Standards & Content Guidelines
Fervent Editorial Standards & Content Guidelines
We value you as an aspiring Author, and are honored that you have chosen Fervent House Publication & Production as your book publisher.
As a Christian based publisher and production company, we have Christian Standards which we will faithfully honor, and abide by as Jesus has commanded.
Fervent House Publication & Production will not, under any circumstance, publish or produce any manuscript, movie, or video containing inappropriate or adult content. We reserve the right to judge the appropriateness of the submitted content. Inappropriate content will not be considered and will be returned immediately.
*Personal Property Rights, Copyright Infringement, or Trademark Infringement.
Fervent House Publication & Production has a team of editors who will truly take your written work to heart. With respects to you as the author. Our Editors work hard to clean up your text, while carefully preserving your unique voice.
Fervent House Publication & Production Co., Editors pay attention to detail, with typos, and grammatical errors, punctuation, spelling, sentence structure, and capitalization. We understand there is nothing like the writers own words, and we work hard to maintain your vision that God has given you as a writer.
Under 8000 words + 0.05
- Line Editing
- Content Editing
- Time 2-3 Weeks For Editors Review
Fervent House Publication & Production has set forth these content guidelines, in order that we can help you achieve the work God has called you to. Please note that while Fervent House Publication & Production Co., may review your work and may suggest or require that you comply with these guidelines, any review that Fervent House Publication & Production conducts is being done solely and exclusively for its intended purposes. You may not rely on any review by Fervent House Publication & Production of your work, any results we may share with you or your acceptance of any changes suggested or required by Fervent House Publication & Production for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, as confirmation that your work:
• Complies with these Content Guidelines
• Does not violate any applicable laws or regulations; or
• Does not infringe upon the rights of any third parties. If you have questions regarding your work's compliance with applicable laws and regulations, such as copyright laws, rights of privacy and publicity, liability and defamation, you should consult an attorney of your own choosing for such legal advice
GENERAL CONTENT GUIDELINES
We reserve the right to reject a work that contains any of the following:
- Hate speech or any speech that incites violence or attacks, threatens, intimidates, or disparages individuals or groups based on attributes such as race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or other traits
- Graphic descriptions of sexual situations
- Descriptions of sexual situations involving individuals under the age of 18
- References to or descriptions of Animal abuse, or Sex Crimes against animals
- Any other content that Fervent House Publication & Production Co. determines, in its sole discretion, that the publication or distribution of which may injure its reputation or subject it to public disapproval.
We reserve the right to reject a proposed book cover that contains images reflecting any of the following:
- Nudity of any sort
- Logos or registered trademarks
- Celebrities, Public Figures or Famous individuals
- Posters from movies, plays, concerts/events
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Exchange Rates (currency)
- Gratuitously sexual in nature
- Depiction of what could reasonably appear to be an individual under the age of 18
- Representations or images of male or female genitalia on the interior pages of your work are acceptable if they reasonably can be included in one of the following categories:
- HIPPA Violations, or medically-related content
- Lascivious Instruction Manuals
- Lascivious Photographs
- Lascivious Artwork
GENRE CONTENT & PERMISSION GUIDELINES
Autobiography/Memoir: Without written and notarized permission from the person, entity or legal guardians of the person mentioned, we reserve the right to reject a work that contains any of the following:
- False statements of any kind, of fact that could harm the reputation of any identifiable living persons, companies or other entities either of a fact or implication that an identifiable, living person (aside from the author him or herself):
- Exposure of a person who has committed a crime or was convicted of committing a crime
- Depictions of unethical conduct
- Depictions of immoral sexual conduct
- Associated with insipid people
- Depictions/Demonstrated professional incompetence
- Invasion of financial irresponsibility or unreliability
- Disgracefully Acts
- Depictions of mental disease or disorder
- Embarrassing private facts about any identifiable, living persons
- Statements about an identifiable, living person that would lead that person to have hurt feelings because certain thoughts and feelings are attributed to that person or the person is put in a false light
- References to an identifiable, living child that state as fact or by implication that the child was:
- Sexually abuse and physically abuse
- The victim of a crime
- A child's environmental privacy (Adoption, Foster Care)
Biography: Where the subject of a biography is a living person, we reserve the right to require written and notarized permission from the subject of the biography and/or from any living persons (or their guardians) and any legal entities mentioned therein. If the subject of the biography is clearly a famous person or a public figure, written permission may not be required, though permission from non-famous people mentioned therein may still be required.
Self-help / Textbook / Politics and History: You must provide proper citations where applicable
Translated Books: You must provide written and notarized permission from the owner of the copyright of the book in its original language in order to publish a translation of a book originally published in another language.
Endorsements: If you wish to include an endorsement or other statement about your book written by a person other than yourself, you must provide written permission to use the statement from that individual
Pricing Starts at $129 + Federal Filing Fees $65
A Copyright keeps your original work-songs, books, articles, art, photographs, movies, and more-safe from being used without your consent.
WHAT A COPY WRITE PROTECTS:
- Written Works-Include books, articles, blogs, and screenplays
- Musical & Dramatic Works-Includes songs, plays, choreography
- Artistic Works-Include photographs, paintings, and sculptures
As a writer, Fervent House Publication & Production also ask that it's self-publishing members respect the rights of other Authors, Singers, and Producers works, and not infringe upon their works? Our Editorial Team, and Content Reviewers will review your manuscript submission, prior publishing, to ensure your written work does not infringe upon any other written musical, artistic works without written permission from the creator.
Should our Team detect infringement, we will contact you, for legal documentation, that you have been given permission from the writer, or creator to use their works within your publication, or production.
The defamation of character that appears in print from, such as a book, is referred to as libel. It is very important that you understand and respect the rights and identities of people who maybe identifiable within your manuscript. We value you as a writer, and our standards to assist you with providing self-publishing services, respect the reputation of an individual named in your manuscript. Your statements towards people in your manuscript may not include any negative connotation towards the individuals reputation, nor invade their privacy, by revealing personal information that could be an embarrassment. As a writer and future Fervent Author you are required to protect the identity of others and respect their privacy.